Friday, July 4, 2008

The World Will Pass Underneath You

My friend asked me to write this, so I am putting it up on my blog. He has devised a unique plan of controlling the oil problem that has the whole world in convolution. But the nonchalant way in which he presents this to everyone is the most impressive part. So, I won’t be able to emulate him a wee bit here.

Ever wondered why does the earth rotate on its axis? Yes, or may be not, but we all would have definitely studied about it at some part of our learning. But did you ever think about harnessing this natural phenomenon? It can indeed be done. Whenever an aero plane takes off from its runway, make it go vertically upwards and not forward. After it has reached a comfort zone among the clouds, rest it there. The damn earth will nevertheless keep on moving underneath it, and after sometime when the destination is reached, let the plane descend gently on its new place. Whacky!!! This is bloody double whacky.

I had my food dropping out of my mouth, when he narrated this grand idea to me while we were having lunch. Despite knowing fully well in advance that it was ludicrous, my mind started working out the reason why it was not feasible. The famous Physics problem, “Why our body doesn’t get hit by a moving train when we jump inside it?” No, this case is different. I did find out the reason; the whole exercise of this churning of mind being a non-exercise in itself. But the important thing is that his plan did strike me and got me thinking; and it struck others also who were listening to this. Bravo! Well done, and hats off to you, Sunil.

No comments: