Monday, June 9, 2008

2nd Coming, US

I am in Champaign, Illinois right now, and scribbling this stuff at 4 o’clock in the morning. I slept yesterday continuously for more than 12 hours from mid-noon to mid-night crossing two days. I don’t know when I had slept this much last.

Though it is a hastily arranged 2-week business trip, it feels nice to be back in US. The US remains the paragon of development for any nation. Things are so immaculately planned and developed that you wonder how much time any other country is going to take to reach the same level. Even a small city like Champaign looks so posh, even though it has a likable green rustic look to it.

I was here last September for three long months, and explored quite a bit of it. I was able to experience the change of weather too from post-summer to pre-fall. It is relatively hot though right now. Also I don’t think I will get a chance to add to my sight-seeing this time around due to the hectic work planned. Work comes first, every time!

This time, unfortunately, a few things are more glaring than last time around. The news channels are obviously occupied with the Obama-Clinton showdown, or rather the end of it with Clinton withdrawing her nomination. But also there is the much abominable news of schools’ shootings, killings, minor-rape charges etc and unidentifiable TV programs of reality shows, sex talks etc. Well, equally bad news but of different kind is replete in TV channels in Cyprus and India too, but as said, it is of a different kind. I don’t know which one is worse, but it just goes on to show, the world is diversified even in bad things.

No comments: